We are looking to hire a full-time and part-time
Personal Support Worker in Ontario
Working as a PSW with Elizz allows you to feel fulfilled knowing you are helping patients in a one-on-one setting. If you are passionate about helping people within your community with various needs, this position is for you!
The Elizz Care Team provides outstanding, client centric home care to individuals and families requiring extended duration care. Our teams develop deep relationships between our clients, our caregivers and their families across Canada.
Here are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- Education bursaries
- Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Subsidized OPSWA memberships
- Tuition Assistance Program
- WorkPerks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
Qualifications accepted to work as a PSW:
- Valid Certificate as a Personal Support Worker (PSW)
- A nursing student (2 clinical placements completed)
- Home Support Level 2 or level 3 from a recognized curriculum
- Valid Developmental Support Worker Certificate
- Valid Certificate as a Health Care Aide
- Valid Certificate as a Personal Attendant
- Graduates of a Paramedic Program
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills
- A demonstrated appreciation for quality improvement processes
- A current CPR certificate
- Basic computer skills would be an asset
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement
- Updated immunization record, clear criminal background check and
- Vulnerable sector check is required upon hire
Why Work for Elizz?
Every day, we bring hope and happiness to client’s homes and communities across Canada.
As part of a not-for-profit social enterprise, we contribute to healthy, thriving communities by sharing knowledge, providing the best care, and helping each client realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing.
We are a diverse and collaborative organization with an award-winning culture. If you share in our passion for changing lives, health care, and society for the better, we want you on our team.
We offer full time, part time, and casual positions with flexible schedules and competitive salaries.
You have the autonomy to set your work schedule to fit with your busy life.
You will be part of our ‘Total Rewards and Recognition’ program that includes health benefits.
Paid Training & Continuing Education
We offer paid training and orientation as well as ongoing development opportunities and continuing education.
Part of a Team & Community
While you work independently, you will also have many opportunities to collaborate with your team.
WorkPerks is offered to every Elizz employee, giving you >access to discounts from brand names and local favourites.
Fast Application Process
With our simple and fast hiring process, you can quickly get your career started with Elizz and start making an impact in your community.