We are looking to hire a full-time and part-time
Community Health Workers in British Columbia
$1000.00 Sign On Bonus
Working as a CHW with Elizz allows you to feel fulfilled knowing you are helping patients in a one-on-one setting. If you are passionate about helping people within your community with various needs, this position is for you!
The Elizz Care Team provides outstanding, client centric home care to individuals and families requiring extended duration care. Our teams develop deep relationships between our clients, our caregivers and their families across Canada.
Here are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- Sign-on Bonus of $1000
- Competitive rate of $23
- You will be part of a distinguished – Canadian, not-for-profit organization with over 100 years of experience
- You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits
- Extensive paid orientation program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- WorkPerks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses
- Company-issued smartphone and plan
Provides home support services to clients such as assisting with activities of daily living, performing delegated tasks for which transfer of function training has been completed, planning and preparing meals, and light housekeeping.
- Follow Care Plans and maintain accurate client records utilizing the appropriate documentation
- Maintain effective relationships with clients promoting physical and emotional independence
- Clear understanding of the accountability and expectations that are associated with transferable skills/delegated tasks
- Effectively communicate changes in the client condition to your supervisor, and maintain effective relationships with other team members
- Proactively identify, promote and seek to improve client safety as part of your everyday work, and seeks support from the Nurse Supervisor for responding to medical and ethical dilemmas
- A current CPR and First Aid Certificate is required
- A current Criminal and Reference Check
- A working knowledge of assistive aids is required
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal/written) and exercise good judgment is required
- Ability to lift up to 25 kilograms may be required
- Ability to perform lifting and bending when assisting clients may be required
- Ability to use technology for communication is required
- Access to own transportation is good to have
- BC care aide registry is mandatory
- Equivalent education and experience/ training considered
Why Work for Elizz?
Every day, we bring hope and happiness to client’s homes and communities across Canada.
As part of a not-for-profit social enterprise, we contribute to healthy, thriving communities by sharing knowledge, providing the best care, and helping each client realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing.
We are a diverse and collaborative organization with an award-winning culture. If you share in our passion for changing lives, health care, and society for the better, we want you on our team.
We offer full time, part time, and casual positions with flexible schedules and competitive salaries.
You have the autonomy to set your work schedule to fit with your busy life.
You will be part of our ‘Total Rewards and Recognition’ program that includes health benefits.
Paid Training & Continuing Education
We offer paid training and orientation as well as ongoing development opportunities and continuing education.
Part of a Team & Community
While you work independently, you will also have many opportunities to collaborate with your team.
WorkPerks is offered to every Elizz employee, giving you access to discounts from brand names and local favourites.
Fast Application Process
With our simple and fast hiring process, you can quickly get your career started with Elizz and start making an impact in your community.