We are currently hiring Companions to work
in Montreal, Quebec area.
Working as a Companion with Elizz allows you to feel fulfilled knowing you are helping patients in a one-on-one setting. If you are passionate about helping people within your community with various needs, this position is for you!
The Elizz Care Team provides outstanding, client centric home care to individuals and families requiring extended duration care. Our teams develop deep relationships between our clients, our caregivers and their families across Canada.
- Planning and preparing meals
- Preparing special diets
- Completing light housekeeping and laundry
- Assisting with errands
- Transporting to and from appointments in own car
- Patient Sitter
- Caregiver relief/respite care
- Accompanying clients to appointments
- Maintains effective relationships with clients providing physical and emotional independence
- Maintains effective relationships with other team members
- Effectively communicates changes in the client condition to the supervisor
- Travel to client’s home
Provides client services within the role of a companion aide in the following areas:
- A current CPR and First Aid Certificate is required
- A knowledge of household management skills is required. Food Safety course an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written) and exercise good judgment is required
- Ability to lift up to 25 kilograms may be required
- One year of relevant experience is preferred
- Bilingual is preferred
Why Work for Elizz?
Every day, we bring hope and happiness to client’s homes and communities across Canada.
As part of a not-for-profit social enterprise, we contribute to healthy, thriving communities by sharing knowledge, providing the best care, and helping each client realize their most
meaningful goals for health and wellbeing.
We are a diverse and collaborative organization with an award-winning culture. If you share in our passion for changing lives, health care, and society for the better, we want you on our team.
We offer full time, part time, and casual positions with flexible schedules and competitive salaries.
You have the autonomy to set your work schedule to fit with your busy life.
You will be part of our ‘Total Rewards and Recognition’ program that includes health benefits.
Paid Training & Continuing Education
We offer paid training and orientation as well as ongoing development opportunities and continuing education.
Part of a Team & Community
While you work independently, you will also have many opportunities to collaborate with your team.
WorkPerks is offered to every Elizz employee, giving you access to discounts from brand names and local favourites.
Fast Application Process
With our simple and fast hiring process, you can quickly get your career started with Elizz and start making an impact in your community.